Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pucker Up! Debunking Lead in Lipstick Reports

Being a gal that loves to rock a pop of color on my lips and after hearing about consumer reports of lipstick containing ingredients that included dangerous amounts of lead I had to investigate for myself. Almost all lipsticks contain at least small traces of lead, this is a common ingredient used in the production of lipstick. To start off we can rest easy that the FDA has confirmed that the level of lead used in lipsticks does not pose a safety concern. When you apply lipstick if you don't smooch it off ;) it is eventually ingested or absorbed into you body. You are not being exposed to any more lead from your lipstick then you are from food products such as candy, however there are no safe levels of lead for children so keeping lipstick away from the little munchkins is a must for it could possibly lower their ability to learn. The lipstick brands that tend to contain the most lead are Cover Girl, Revlon, and Nars. The lipstick brands that appear to have the least include MAC, Clinique, and Dior. Through my research I have found no alarming evidence to persuade me from accentuating my kisser! 

1 comment: