Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Essence of Herbel Essence

Oh the drams of curly hair! I have the funkiest of locks, they are straight-ish at the roots and at about ear length they start to grow in a wavy, curly, stringy sort-of style, ugh! It's such a doozy to style! In order for my hair to look half way decent I have to take the time (at least an agonizing hour) to straighten straight it with a flat iron, or curly curl it with a curly iron. What girl has the time for that everyday, especially on top of a skin treatment and make up application routine!?! For the rushed days on the run (which for me are most days) I need a quick style that looks presentable for work but is versatile enough for a cocktail hour afterwards, I never know where the day may take me.

That's why I use Herbal Essence hair care products. For starters my hair is as dry and coarse as straw, I need a shampoo and condition that will moisturize and hydrate my hair giving it the silky shine we all want. For this I use Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner. No need to over do the hair washing with these products, once every other day or every two days is enough to quench the thirst of my dehydrated do.


For a quick style in a snap I enhance my waves/curls with Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse. To give my hair some volume I will tease the top of my crop and proceed with scrunching in the mousse starting with the ends of my hair working towards the top but not getting it into the teased portion, other wise that will just turn into a sticky rat's nest of a mess.
I will then give the hair some more hold by using Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel, this holds the curls in place and also gives them some extra shine. 


To then keep the top teased portion of my hair from coming undone I will spray it with Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly Tousling Hair Spray. And Voila! Hair is done for the day!


I know this whole process sounds daunting but it really only takes like 10 minutes, and it turns out a little something like this, look below!



Definitely not as good as if I were to spend some real time straightening, curling, or styling it but it's good enough for when I'm on the go! 

Be sure to check out the beauties featured in my photos! 

1 comment:

  1. I loved "Long Term Relationship" Herbal Essences because it was red and smelled good. You know...I don't really use it now since when I smell it, it tends to remind me of WU and then I just feel weird. It's all #whitegirlproblems.

    ReplyDelete