Monday, January 14, 2013

The Tricks to Tans; Do's and Don'ts

Every girl wants a bronzing glow especially if its swim suit season, the trick is to not over do it. Because of the risks and dangers of tanning beds I personally only use spray tans to add a little color to my skin. I've found that during the Winter time my tanning regimen doesn't have to be as strict as during the Spring and Summer because so much of my skin is covered during the cold Winter months here in the NW. BRRR!!

A few things to consider when spray tanning include your hair color and your natural skin complexion. As you can see in the picture below when I traveled to Arizona to visit my best friend away at college I went a little cray cray with the spray spray HAHA! With my red hair my skin has an orange tinge to it not giving enough contrast between my hair and skin color. It also looks completely unnatural for me to be this dark, as my true complexion is no were near that color. One of the tricks to keep in mind when spray tanning is to enhance your natural complexion not try to completely change it.


And here I am with my tanning habits a bit more toned down to a more natural but bronzey look. I have a tinge of color but there is still plenty of contrast between my hair and skin keeping me from appearing all orangey like. Below I am only about 1 - 2 shades darker than my natural skin as oppose to 5-10 shades darker HAHA!



And here I am all natural on New Years! Sometimes you just gotta toss the tans and be yourself! 



No comments:

Post a Comment